MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Correcting false techniques

View Single Post

Old 07-16-2008, 10:38 PM   #5
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Correcting false techniques

Tidus gave a good account there... eastern grip on the forehand is a great place to move forward... and again, as Tidus says, find a good coach and book a lesson... if the coach is any good they wont mind you turning up once a fortnight, once a month, or even once a year... just to check on what you got going wrong n right... also, take a set of issues along to a coach... dont wait 20 minutes of an hour lesson allowing the coach to have a look at you, cos he/she will need a look to find where to start... just rock up and say 'ok... forehand is sh!te... i do this ball does this... help me...' dont ry to be jack of all trades... be excellent at one facet of the game at a time...

as a coach, i actually love it when people come with issues they know themselves...

anyways... here...

go to youtube's search engine...

type in:

slow motion backhand

slow motion forehand
(note: ignore the nadal examples here)

if you are a beginner, maybe learn the slice backhand to type in

slice backhand slow motion

study the---> find a mirror---> check your form... repeat Every ****ing day... even if you are like me, ugly and have a ton of issues with the mirror, learn to love the way to look... listen to me sunshine - you dont need to be on a tennis court everyday to get better...

my and my bro got very good... had no coach... but we resourced 100's of still photo's...

you tube is a ten fold better resource...

good luck champion...

here... to get you started:

study which strings are mostly doing the work to the ball here...? look hard... copy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBuJo...eature=related

Last edited by fast_clay : 07-16-2008 at 10:54 PM.
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote