MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Hardcourt season 2008

View Single Post

Old 07-15-2008, 06:45 AM   #19
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hardcourt season 2008

Wow, there even are a few quotes of Gillou in the articles, that's another premiere! He doesn't mention his serve. Well, that's the only thing I could see on the SB and it was driving me nuts to see "2nd serve" every time Gilles was serving!

"Second-seeded Gilles Simon won his debut match, outlasting Nicolas Mahut 6-2, 3-6, 6-3.
"I wanted to play on Tuesday, but they said that was impossible," said the 25th-ranked Frenchman. "I did not expect to play my best match today. So I just did my best."
Simon's best pushed him into Wednesday's second round, where he will play Benjamin Becker of Germany. Becker swept Kristian Pless of Denmark, 6-3, 6-4.
Simon and Mahut spent much of their match battling in long baseline volleys. Simon scored points when he went to his backhand.
"The first set was a great set for me. I was feeling good on the court. The second set was really hard. Every shot was hard to play. I was feeling the heat," Simon said.
Simon said he's in the United States to adapt to the heat and humidity and to get accustomed to the courts in preparation for the masters tournaments. He plans to play at Toronto and Cincinnati before heading for the Olympics, then returning to the U.S."
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...tion=si_latest
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote