MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - General Timewasting Thread (Taking too long in between points)

View Single Post

Old 07-08-2008, 11:46 AM   #23
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal's timewasting - who's to blame?

D. TIME VIOLATION / DELAY OF GAME

Following the expiration of the warm-up period play shall be continuous and a
player shall not unreasonably delay a match for any cause.
A maximum of twenty (20) seconds shall elapse from the moment the ball goes out
of play at the end of the point until the time the ball is struck for the first serve of the
next point. If such serve is a fault then the second serve must be struck by the server
without delay.

When changing ends a maximum of ninety (90) seconds shall elapse from the
moment the ball goes out of play at the end of the game until the time the first serve
is struck for the next game. If such first serve is a fault the second serve must be
struck by the server without delay. However, after the first game of each set and
during a tie-break, play shall be continuous and the players shall change ends
without a rest period.

At the conclusion of each set, regardless of the score, there shall be a set break of
one hundred and twenty (120) seconds from the moment the ball goes out of play at
the end of the set until the time the first serve is struck for the next set.
If a set ends after an even number of games, there shall be no change of ends until
after the first game of the next set.

The receiver shall play to the reasonable pace of the server and shall be ready to
receive within a reasonable time of the server being ready.
The first violation of this Section shall be penalised by a Time Violation warning
and each subsequent violation shall be penalised by the assessment of one Time
Violation point penalty.

When a violation is a result of a medical condition, refusal to play or not returning to
the court within the allowed time a Code Violation (Delay of Game) penalty shall be
assessed in accordance with the Point Penalty Schedule.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote