MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - ~°~Nicolas Devilder~°~

View Single Post

Old 05-30-2008, 09:46 PM   #198
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~°~Nicolas Devilder~°~

The last time this thread was so active was when Nico squeezed into the quarters of that RR tournament

BTW, a news of the day: Devilder/Patience def Gicquel/Santoro 7/6(2) 7/6(7)

And now it seems that I'm going to find out how many posts I may quote at one time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulipe View Post
He looks so nice on that photos...I don't know which image suits him better, the devil one "I'm a bad guy and I'm playing mafia with sunglasses" as I know him from Ostrava, or this "I'm your sweetheart, kiss me good-night and tell me a fairy tale or I will have bad dreams"
Indeed not an easy choice! Both suit him quite well =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
(I don’t know why they say that Nadal actually does know who he is – ‘lire par ailleurs’ – because I didn’t find anything else in today's issue.)
I like the story when Safin asks him what he’s been doing since he has retired.
A day before there was an interview with Nadal, though I don't remember where exactly, maybe even not in l'Equipe, where Rafa was asked whether he knows his next rival. And Rafa was like "Devilder, no? I've seen a bit of his play, one more lefty. It's going to be not too easy."
They also discussed that story about Safin in "Tennis Club" lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
He's such a star, another long report about him in "Un jour à Roland" yesterday:
http://roland-garros.france2.fr/inde...id_article=118

And "Escudé retrouve Devilder" is quite cute too (the reaction of Escudé after his first round win):
http://video.eurosport.fr/tennis/rol...15/video.shtml
Yeah, looks like he's been one of the most popular French players for a couple of days! I don't know how you all manage to follow more popular guys! It's more normal when I open Google Actualités and it says there have been no articles about Devilder in the last 30 days. And when there are over 500 articles only there... That's scaring!! lol
So one more time thanks for all the articles and links!

And I have a little question. Here is Nico's post match interview: http://roland-garros.france3.fr/inde...id_article=656, could you tell me, please, what were Toni Nadal's words they mention? My "perfect" French doesn't really help me to get that part
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peta Pan View Post
Oh my, he has a thread here I saw him for the first time against Nadal yesterday and was instantly
Great news! So nice to have more people here =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ome View Post
I fell in love yesterday! And I can't get enough of his hair!!!
Actually I think if I wasn't "his expert" (lol) already I'd surely fall in love as well after this match! Such a nice altitude and the ways he's started and finished the match were just awesome I think it's better to have a match against Nadal like this one at Lenglen rather than get a less tough opponent, maybe go through one more round, but never enjoy that atmosphere of the centre court. And I like Nico's phrase that the moment of stepping into that court is really exciting and thanks to the rain he's got a chance to enjoy it twice lol

And as always thanks for the pictures! Though photographers did not a really good job this time, couldn't they catch his smile?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
i can't even remember what colours arnaud's been wearing
LOL I've even never been trying to remember such things!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peta Pan View Post
Ahh the hair To me he has Mahut hair but is about 300 times better looking!

It was a real shame that he lost that chance he had in the 1st set. He had 1 (or 2) set points too! No doubt Nadal would still have won, but it would have been wonderful for Nicolas to take a set off him!
Mahut hair?! Maybe the hair style is a little bit similar, but that's all. Have you ever seen him with long blonde hair?

Actually he's only got one chance to make a break at 4-4 and then serve for the match but he's missed it. And that made me thinking that if change RG format to best-of-1-set there would be better chances for a Frenchman to finally win it

Nicolas Devilder

Hangdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote