MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Guga's Last Tango in Paris

View Single Post

Old 05-25-2008, 07:08 PM   #29
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guga's Last Tango in Paris

Unfortunately German Eurosport switched to cycling after the Gremelmayr-Djokovic match and I couldn't find a working livestream for Gugas match. Therefore I went outside to enjoy the weather and when I came back and turned on the tv Guga was in the 3rd set.

It was so wonderful to see the atmosphere out there Guga enjoyed the moment and you could really see the joy on his face, as much as the pain unfortunately. The crowd had a great time and got to see some great tennis.

To be honest I didn't cried during the match and his speech afterwards. Somehow I was happy for Guga that he could end his career on this court and feel the support and love of the French crowd one more time

I feel emotional now, but mostly because of all the memories to Guga's unique career. He has given us so much over the last years and it is sad that his career has been so overshadowed by injuries, but he is a personality who could handle the situation and make the best out of his life. I wish him all the best for his future - he has deserved it
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote