MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - PHM Chat Archives #5

View Single Post

Old 05-23-2008, 07:59 PM   #126
country flag Ome

Ome has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Thank U" Thread

From RG.com:

Mathieu takes on « Guga »

Eighteenth seed Paul-Henri Mathieu confronts the former king of the French Open in the first round. It is here at Roland Garros that Gustavo Kuerten’s farewell tour, begun in February in Brazil, draws to a close. The only previous meeting between the two players took place in 2002 in the final at Lyon with the Frenchman emerging the victor. Six years later, the French number three will play his first French Open with new coach, Mats Wilander. « I’ll have to try to forget the circumstances of the match which won’t be easy to do » said Mathieu. « It’s a nice match to play. I’m the big favourite to win but anything is possible and I’ll have to concentrate on my game. »

Gustavo Kuerten who will face Paul-Henri Mathieu:
“It won’t be easy facing a seed in the first round. I know Paul-Henri Mathieu well, he’s been around for some time now. He’s a quality player and he’ll be tough to play against. But you can imagine how motivated I’ll be for my last ever tournament! I don’t know how the fans will react. Paul-Henri’s well known here, and it’ll be a miracle if I can get the fans on my side.”
Ome is offline View My Blog!