MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Michael Llodra

Thread: Michael Llodra
View Single Post

Old 05-23-2008, 02:14 PM   #158
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Michael Llodra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
There is an article about the qualification for Beijing in L'Equipe today, I thought they had already qualified with Arnaud because I had read that in his forum, but apparently not.
Gasquet, Tsonga and PHM are almost safe. In singles, Simon (36) would make the cut right now, but many guys can still get the last Beijing spot instead of him with a good performance in RG: mainly Llodra (40), but also Mahut (43), Monfils (48), Santoro (51), Grosjean (55), Gicquel (59) and Benneteau (65), they all have a little chance.
Llodra’s case is the most complex one. He can qualify in singles if he goes past Simon in the rankings and/or he can qualify in doubles. He’s ranked #12 in doubles atm. He will play with Clément (#13) in RG. If they go far (semi-final at least) and enter the top 10, they will be one of the French doubles team in Beijing and the other team would most probably be Gasquet-Tsonga then. If Llodra is the only French doubles player in the top 10, he will qualify and will be able to choose his teammate with the agreement of the FFT, which means he will also play with Clément. And if Llodra isn’t in the top 10 in doubles after RG, but has qualified in singles, he’ll have to play with Gasquet, Tsonga or PHM.

My question:
If he doesn't qualify in singles AND doesn't enter the top 10 in doubles after RG, he isn't going to Beijing at all?? (And France could have PHM-Simon instead of Clément-Llodra in doubles? )
hey truc... you should check out the mtf link that i posted on 'ranking watch' on arnaud's forum, i think there's more information there... http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...7&postcount=61

there are more than 10x2 players in the doubles draw for sure... the top 10 as i understand get direct entry, i think.

also my understanding is that, because there are two americans and two israelis in the top 10, they will choose each other, while the other 6 will have to choose another countryman... that would mean the current #11 and #12 will also get direct entry. if i am correct then arnaud as a clear #12 will almost certainly qualify directly.

although of course with RG coming up, the rankings can still change considerably, though i don't have on hand by how much...

Last edited by Via : 05-23-2008 at 03:11 PM. Reason: mtf, not atp link, though i did go to the atp website to check doubles ranking points afterwards
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote