MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Kick Serve = Top Spin ???

View Single Post

Old 04-25-2008, 06:32 PM   #5
country flag Topspin Sports

Topspin Sports has a reputation beyond reputeTopspin Sports has a reputation beyond reputeTopspin Sports has a reputation beyond reputeTopspin Sports has a reputation beyond reputeTopspin Sports has a reputation beyond reputeTopspin Sports has a reputation beyond reputeTopspin Sports has a reputation beyond reputeTopspin Sports has a reputation beyond reputeTopspin Sports has a reputation beyond reputeTopspin Sports has a reputation beyond reputeTopspin Sports has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Kick Serve = Top Spin ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThizServe View Post
is the kick serve the same as a top spin serve? because i was doing it and someone said called it a kick serve and another said it was a top spin.
To answer your question. NO, they are not the same.

Topspin serves bounce up.

Kick serves bounce to the side.

Now, for a little extra comment: Even though they are considered two different types of serves, they will still cross each others boundaries. Its not like comparing topspin and slice (where one is OBVIOUSLY nothing like the other). The topspin and kick will be similar in several respects. I wont go into why and how because you were really asking for that!

Owner
Free Online Tennis Lessons
TopspinSports.com offers FREE Lessons, Videos, and Tips provided by world famous and local pros.

Ultimate Tennis Forum
Topspin Sports is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote