MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Report and Photos (Tuesday)

View Single Post

Old 08-04-2004, 06:16 PM   #1
country flag ktwtennis

ktwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Report and Photos (Tuesday)

Hey guys!! I got home last night after a great time at the Cincy Masters Tournament! I'll go through my day with you, and feel free to ask questions after you've read...I'll try to answer them!

PRACTICE:
1) First, I watched a little of Lubjicic and Arthurs practice on the one set of practice courts. Wayne was being pretty laid back and serving quite a bit. Lubjicic didn't look very happy (when does he?), but was very serious...

2) Next, I went to the other practice courts, and who did we expect to see? Andy! However, Andre must have taken his slot, as he walked right beside me (boy, he's pretty short!) and began practicing with Cahill. Everyone wanted autographs, so he said he'd sign a few after practice. He looked to be hitting decently, but I just watched for a little while.

3) After practice courts, I headed over to the Grandstand in expectation of a great match with Henman and Younes. However, this was a complete blow-out. Younes was so match rusty (especially on his serve--many double faults) and Henman didn't really over power him, he just finessed the ball and waited for Younes to miss or a chance to get to net. Poor Younes was very frustrated...

4) After lunch, I went to watch Federer and Hrbaty. This looked to be another blow-out, but Hrbaty really fought in that second set and Federer blew many chanced to break. He was frustrated, you could definitely tell. He also wasn't returning well in the second set. Hrbaty really got consistent and was trying to take balls on the rise and just play crosscourts and down the lines deep. His forehand and serve greatly improved. You could tell the momentum was swinging in Dominik's favor... I left at 2-1 in the third set (to get the Bryan twins' autograph on a poster ), so I can't tell you how it ended, but everyone was in shock that Federer lost.

5) Next, I went to the practice courts again and watched Marat and Tommy practice (not together). Tommy was focused and just hitting. Marat was working with Sargis Sargesian and Peter Lungren. He was volleying and rallying with Sargis and seemed to be frustrated with his serves and volleys. He kept muttering in Russian about things...Also, Schalken and Moya were practicing together, playing a practice set. They didn't seem to talk much...

6) Following those practices, I went to watch Ferrero and Clement. Both sets ended with Ferrero breaking at 4-4. Both sets were VERY even, but Ferrero looked in great form to sqeak out two breaks, espcially in the second set, where he was returning horribly and the 4-4 game he was down 0-40 on Clement's serve. Ferrero almost lost the break in the second when he went down 15-40 on serve, but he saved the break points with good serves and Clement's nerves. He was very pumped after this win.

7) After Ferrero left the court (and I got his autograph ), Roddick entered the stadium to practice with Gilbert. Everyone swarmed!! Some girls yelled for him to take his shirt off. He's definitely a star here in the USA!

8) Unfortunately, because of the heat and my grandparents being there, we had to leave without seeing Fabrice. However, as we were leaving, I saw Paradorn enter the practice courts. We HEARD Guga practicing (I love that grunt!)...He was clear on the first practice court, lol!

I'll post the link to my pictures when I complete them in a few hours' time! I hope you enjoyed my report!

Jesus answered and said to him[Nicodemus, a Pharisee],"Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again[of the Spirit/above], he cannot see the kingdom of God."--John 3:3

TRANSLATION---Good works CANNOT save you from hell! Turn your live to Jesus. He wants to develop a relationship with you today!

I will worship Jesus forever!

Go Monica and Guga!!
ktwtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote