MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Will Novak be the Serbian Flag Bearer In Beijing?

View Single Post

Old 04-11-2008, 09:53 PM   #4
country flag Aloimeh

Aloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Novak be the Serbian Flag Bearer In Beijing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrainer View Post
NO, this is not another troll thread and i'm not trying to bash djokovic either. just wondering if there've been any rumours or any preliminary decisions - i remember federer in the opening ceremony bearing the swiss flag and back then it was talked about in march/april that he was up for it. i'm not familiar with serbian sportspersons in general but i doubt that there are any other athletes coming close to djokovic success-wise these days. i guess if he goes deep into the next two slams (or maybe even wins one of them) he'll be the flag bearer anyways. unless ivanovic wins the next two slams as well...

is any other player in the mix? maybe rafa with a fourth consecutive french open title? baghdatis for cyprus?
Possibly, but not necessarily. There are other decently prominent athletes who play football/soccer, basketball, and even recently a swimmer who broke the European record (Cavic). So it's up for grabs. I can't imagine Ivanovic carrying it - she's probably going to go for the "girly" role as Eurovision MC or something of that nature. If Djokovic wins the next two () slams, I'm 100% sure he's carrying. If "only" one, then very likely. If none, then not likely at all.

You can bet Djokovic's mom just screamed "Another king is dead" right about now - in the remotest corner - of her bathroom - followed by "The other one is buried." (from tennisplanet.me, following Madrid 2011 Djokovic d. Nadal 7-5 6-4)
Aloimeh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote