MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Two-handed V One-handed Backhand

View Single Post

Old 04-07-2008, 03:58 AM   #11
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Two-handed V One-handed Backhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyServe View Post
Same here,the slice seems natural to me now.
Well the slice backhand is not really that valid to talk about because there are many two hand backhand players that use one handed slices.

Goodia are you new at the game? Because on my high school team, there are a few players that I'm trying to teach, since our good coach left us . They have these one hand backhands which are horrid, as if they are playing racketball or something; they swing their racket down inconsistently doing some partial slice and then they complain about people who hit the ball too high or just get the ball back. So instead of trying to teach them a regular topspin one handed backhand and hoping that they won't have bad habits and revert to their old ways, I'm trying to teach them two handed backhands to start from scratch.

However my efforts are useless as they claim that they are comfortable with their backhands and insist that they can become great players with it. And then when I ask them if they have seen any professional, or even any top junior hit like that, they tell me that this is the way they want to hit.

Ugh sorry for the post actually, my frustration with these youngins is stressing me out. But I know for a fact that one of these freshmen will turn out to be an amazing player.
HKz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote