MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Will Murray ever win a clay title?

View Single Post

Old 03-25-2008, 03:40 PM   #26
country flag stable unit

stable unit has a reputation beyond reputestable unit has a reputation beyond reputestable unit has a reputation beyond reputestable unit has a reputation beyond reputestable unit has a reputation beyond reputestable unit has a reputation beyond reputestable unit has a reputation beyond reputestable unit has a reputation beyond reputestable unit has a reputation beyond reputestable unit has a reputation beyond reputestable unit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Andy Murray on clay........

I just wanted to discuss his realistic hopes in the future on the clay, please re-direct me if there is another thread already.

Murray has always stated that he enjoys clay court tennis, and had success as a junior however it'll be interetsting to see much sucess he really has. Tactically he was playing a very smart match against Volandri last year before his wrist injury and his intelligence will always get him a few wins. However, one match here and there surely won't be good enough. He probably needs a title on clay and i struggle to see him getting that.

Do people here really think he has that big weapon on clay to manoeuvre his opponent around? As far as i can see, he has great natural hand eye coordination, tremendous balance, hands and retrieval skills. Every now and then he'll suprise a good clay-courter with them having a bad day. But over a tournament i think his lack of a big shot and limited work he puts on the ball will ultimately always cost him.
stable unit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote