MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - New here, need info

View Single Post

Old 03-23-2008, 02:25 AM   #2
country flag dunlopkickserve

dunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New here, need info

I had the same problem when i first started playing, if there really is nobody that you can play against try hitting against a wall. Even though it may not be the same thing as a match, it still helps to build control. If you are truely dedicated and want to improve quickly, try building up your serve. Set up targets on the court, and see how close you can get, try for accuracy first, then add power. If you build up your serve and you can at least hold the majority of your games, you should be able to get the 7 or 8 spot on your team. Also try learning both flat and kick serves to surprise your opponent. Most people use their serve to start a point so you are at more of an advantage if you can use your serve to end a point too =)

Tell me how things go after your first match.
Best of luck!
dunlopkickserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote