MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Is golf more popular than tennis?

View Single Post

Old 07-28-2004, 12:32 PM   #8
for-sure

for-sure has a reputation beyond reputefor-sure has a reputation beyond reputefor-sure has a reputation beyond reputefor-sure has a reputation beyond reputefor-sure has a reputation beyond reputefor-sure has a reputation beyond reputefor-sure has a reputation beyond reputefor-sure has a reputation beyond reputefor-sure has a reputation beyond reputefor-sure has a reputation beyond reputefor-sure has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is golf more popular than tennis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalitha
Yes, it is. But I always wonder why? - Is Golf a difficult sport to play than anyother?
While many people can get by playing tennis without lessons (at least at a very basic level) Golf is much harder to learn to enjoy on one's own without at least some basic instruction. I would think that tennis gets HARDER as you learn more.

Another fact is that it takes a lot more money to play golf (despite tennis also being an "elite" sport)

There are plenty of free public courts and very cheap clubs where I live; while in order to play golf you need to join a country club, or play for about $60US per day.

Another thing is the time investment part of it. People can always find 1.5-2 hours to play tennis...but golf requires much more time (Because, unlike in tennis, the ball does not come to you )

Therefore, the only people that can play are rich, white guys!
for-sure is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote