MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Mantilla Thread

Thread: Mantilla Thread
View Single Post

Old 07-28-2004, 09:52 AM   #19
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mantilla Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb_uk
its sad to see him playing in challengers, and qualifying for events such as sopot

10) 122 FELIX MANTILLA

10th seed at a challenger
He is ranked 113 and he had his chances to make the semi finals in Gstaad and should have beaten Schuettler. He is lacking the confidence needed to win these matches.

He had the match against Safin serving for it 3 times and couldn't do it, then the bad light didn't help him.

Starace beat Mantilla in the San Marino Challenger 62 36 63.

As for him, after the French Open last year he only won 3 matches and had a stomach problem, then at the start of the year, he had problems with his achilles in Chennai. Also the game has changed quite a bit and at his best, he doesn't make errors and runs for everything, he might have lost a bit of speed as well.

He has come back before and he doesn't have any points to defend. I just want him inside the top 100 at the end of the year, so he doesn't have to qualify for the Australian Open.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote