MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Steve Darcis

Thread: Steve Darcis
View Single Post

Old 03-06-2008, 07:32 AM   #60
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Steve Darcis

Small article

Quote:
Rare triple
Belgian Steve Darcis, who beat Bjorkman in a semifinal match Saturday, pulled off a rare triple in 2007 by winning tournaments on three different levels: Futures level, Challenger level and ATP Tour level.

'It was amazing,' Darcis said. 'At the beginning of the year I was almost (ranked) 500 because of injuries and stuff. I played some Futures and was playing good but not winning many matches. But after a few months and a few wins I started playing much better and went to play a Challenger. The first Challenger I played, I won. I don't know how to explain it. It was a great week.'

By reaching today's final, Darcis will move from 81 in the world to just inside the top 50 for the first time in his career. "It's great to see players like this play that long and at that level; the way he played this week he could play more years.' -- Darcis, 23, after beating 35-year-old Bjorkman.
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote