MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - More News

Thread: More News
View Single Post

Old 02-22-2008, 01:03 PM   #77
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More News

Tuesday Feb 15, 2008
Andre Agassi Singlehandedly Defeats Housing Crunch
Back when we were wee lads and read Sport Illustrated religiously, we remember seeing a story about Andre Agassi and his dad. The basic gist was that the elder Agassi, struggling to gain a foothold in the American middle class, fell into some money and had a choice: buy some land in Las Vegas or purchase an automatic tennis ball machine. He chose the latter, only to see the land — which was located on the Strip — increase infinitely in value. But, he said, "I think I got a pretty good return on my investment." Let's just say it got a little dusty in the room where we were reading the article.

Fast-forward 10 years, and the younger Agassi isn't following his father's advice. In the Feb/March issue of Outside's Go, he opens up about his fledgling dreams of becoming a real estate mogul, starting with a condo purchase in Tamarack, Idaho:

"This," [Tamarack] he says, gesturing out at the green and white and blue, "is more important than what I did with the game. We're creating a platform for life here. ... In tennis, there's no coaching, no passing the ball. It's problem solving at its purest. And that's what business is: galvanizing and solving problems."
Presumably, wife Steffi Graf has enough money to buy a ball
Stephan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote