MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - MTF Posters Favourite Football Teams

View Single Post

Old 02-16-2008, 03:52 PM   #68
country flag shotgun

shotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MTF Posters Favourite Football Teams (soccer to the uneducated)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK is Innocent View Post
Sao Paulo are a multi sporting club aren't they, like those parasites Fluminese? Success does that and lots of fans happen, so they have a lot of support outside the SP province now?

I'd have to ask Gustavo, I imagine Gremio pretty much gets most of the support from the gaucho region and maybe Santa Catarina as well.

Tele Santana, he believed in the jogo bonito for sure.
They are a multi-sporting club, but most of the cash goes to football. Here, when football clubs try to expand their success to other sports, it doesn't work in the long term, because football always ends up taking away the money from other sports. At the end of the 1990s, Flamengo and Vasco tried to be multi-sporting powerhouses but after a couple of years they couldn't pay their non-football athletes' salaries anymore.

Sao Paulo has lots of supporters in the countryside of the Paraná state. Though in the Northern states, support still goes mainly to the teams from Rio (Flamengo, Fluminense, Vasco...).
shotgun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote