MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - MTF Posters Favourite Football Teams

View Single Post

Old 02-16-2008, 10:28 AM   #56
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MTF Posters Favourite Football Teams

I will post my club ones a bit later, but I posted this on another thread. So for those who have read it, tough luck.

I remember the 98 World Cup I was in a Brazilian bar and there were about 10 Frenchies there, before the final the drink was flowing and full party spirit. After the game all these Brazilians were sitting in the corner crying and it was like a wake.

Euro 92 was great. I was in Sweden for the champs, but didn't have a ticket for the final. I saw both semis.

I went to this city in the north and Bob Dylan was playing that day and they closed off the main streets, as the festival was going in pretty much in the centre of town outdoors, which meant that it took 25 mins instead of 5 to go to the pub. Of course I choose the football over that clown Dylan.

There was a German guy and his teenage son, they asked me where they could watch the game. I said come to this pub and it will be on there, just expect everyone to cheer for Denmark. The father said "yes, it's ok we are Germans, nobody cheers for us". They had a good time there.

When the Danes won the match, all the Swedes were partying like they won the champs.

This is what the essence is about for me. I mean you get the odd hooligan scum, but I have met a lot of good people through this sport and going to events, and even at the pubs watching the matches. The highs, lows, farces, all part of the experience.

The strangest one was 4 Scots, 1 Irish, myself, 2 black guys one Swedish and the other Austrian start singing "Deutschland Uber Alles", no not the bad version after Germany beat England on penalties in Euro 96.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote