MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - MTF Posters Favourite Football Teams

View Single Post

Old 02-16-2008, 09:27 AM   #52
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MTF Posters Favourite Football Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee-gee View Post
Growing up as a kid, I lived in Glasgow where everyone supports Rangers or Celtic. My dad was the club doctor at Partick Thistle, so I naturally became a fan. Had a season ticket and went to almost every match home and away from the age of 4 to 12 (when I moved to London). Still go to matches when I go back up to Glasgow, but it's hard to follow us too passionately because we're in the Scottish division 1 now

When I moved to London, I didn't really support a team. I had watched loads of English footy, but didn't support a team as such. I lived fairly close to Spurs, and Ossie Ardiles was manager at the time and the matches were bloody entertaining. A lot of friends I made were Spurs fans, so I went along to some matches with them and that's how I became a fan. Got a season ticket for a few years, but then I had to give it up when I went to university, and aren't able to get it back now. Still make it to as many games as I can, usually 10-15 a season.
So your dad was the medic for Partick Thistle? Yes, it's good that you can still go to games when you are up there and they seem to have the fans who can't be bothered with the sectarian hatred, though they could use a big owner.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote