MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - KIWI's Davis Cup thread !

View Single Post

Old 02-02-2008, 01:15 AM   #84
country flag Alexiana

Alexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KIWI's Davis Cup thread !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely View Post
Like four:love said it, I also think it is not surprising because I wrote and feared something like that already.

IMO the main reason for his decision is that the team was so succesful and happy without Kiwi last year and that Kiwi wasted a very good chance in February 2006 against France to make an impact on the team. He came with the biggest Grand Slam result of his career to Davis Cup, and could not prove it. And he also had some little issues with the team (not spending enough time with them, not appearing for a collective lunch or breakfast) which brought him bad news again. I'm sure some of you remember it. This was a huge blow, I think.

Kiwi really needs to continue like that. If he rises up in the rankings even more, it will be almost impossible for Kühnen to give reasons like this one.

yeah, sure he wasted his chances in the past, when he didn't behave like a team player. But Berrer? That's so ridiculous. If Kohli gets hurt it will be very close...