MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Jesse Levine

Thread: Jesse Levine
View Single Post

Old 01-16-2008, 03:22 PM   #75
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jesse Levine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHB View Post
BTW, the author of the article said that Levine can represent the U.S. because his dad is American. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that irrelevant to whether he can represent the U.S.? All you have to be is a citizen, right? I know that foreign-born Americans like Nikita Kryvonos and Alex Kuznetsov have been Davis Cup practice partners, and I don't think their parents are American-born.
I think you're right - sounds like shoddy reporting. Amer Delic plays for the US and he didn't even move here til he was about 13. The womens doubles player Huber just became a citizen and now plays under the US Flag and she can play Fed Cup. Same for Monica Seles. I don't think his parentage has anything to do with it - except that it may have made it easier to become a citizen or something like that, I'm not sure.

Thanks for the article!

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote