MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2012 MTF Mug of the Month: Wawrinka at it again

View Single Post

Old 01-08-2008, 11:14 PM   #51
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2008 MTF Mug of the Month

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara Bow View Post
Very true. Most folks who have said if Rafa were tired would have been unlikely to have won even if he was fresh. Misha played into good form at the tournament- and when Youzhny is playing well in hard courts- I think most Nadal fans realize that he is likely to win. If both were playing well and without fatigue- it may have been more like their 2007 match in Dubai.
Absolutely true. Youzhny was playing his best tennis EVER, and as such he deserves all the credits for winning this match. The only reason I (in hindsight, I know ) didn't expect this to happen is that I only saw his first match in Chennai, and it didn't impress me much - but apparently he raised his level to his utmost best during the tournament.

BTW, it must be said that most (if not all) Rafa fans acknowledged that Misha's victory was well deserved. As did Rafa himself.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote