MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 2007 DC thread

View Single Post

Old 01-01-2008, 11:29 PM   #3001
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! " 2007 DC thread

Happy new year everybody

I still have Davis Cup on the brain and apparently so do other folks.

From http://www.grandslamtennistours.com/blog/

Quote:
First of all I just wanted very quickly to respond to something Jeremy said in the last blog about Davis Cup. Jeremy stated that Andy Roddick is the man for his Davis Cup Performance. I as a tennis coach was really thrilled to read that. I am so proud of Andy and the rest of the boys for doing our nation so proud. They really stepped up and they did so because it was their time to do that. I was so impressed on so many levels. I loved the way he incorporated the slice backhand and used it over and over again to hurt Tursunov. I can honestly say that under that pressure to have a good strategy is not nearly enough. To be able to execute that strategy was real solid and paid off tremendously.

I love the way Andy competed and how hungry he truly was for that Davis Cup. I happened to meet Andy recently at the Billie Jean King/Elton John Aids benefit in Philadelphia. I had the pleasure of hanging with him a bit and listen to him speak about Davis Cup. The conversation went something like this(he was speaking to Captain Patrick Mcenroe) who was also there at the event. I was coaching a player participating in the event and we were in the players lounge. Andy said: “Hey Pat did you hear that Davis Cup sold out in about thirty minutes?” Captain responded with a pumped up “yes I did, I can’t wait it’s going to be a madhouse.” I interject and said I know your going to bring it home you want more than they do. Andy responded ” we want it real bad it’s going to be amazing.”

I look up to Andy for being so focused on the prize for putting country first and always competing his hardest. People knock Andy in this country that he is a disappointment. Those people don’t know anything about anything. Andy works his butt off to get in shape, practices hard, doesn’t play a soft schedule, plays every Davis Cup tie, and wants to win so badly because he almost hates to lose more than liking to win. To win that Davis Cup is like winning many grand slams in his eyes because he loves team, he loves competing and he’s a damn proud American. Atta boy Andy way to represent !!!!
He goes on to make similar positive comments about James the Bryan brothers. Click on the link above to read them.

I've never read Ted Robinson's blog before. He has a nice entry here: "A True Team Returns Davis Cup to U.S.".

http://mediazonetennis.typepad.com/t...-team-ret.html

And here's some random DC pics I came across. Sorry if there are any dupes here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vssweden.jpg (74.9 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 610x.jpg (44.9 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg gfx.jpg (14.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg _44275728_fri_roddickap.jpg (19.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg jan07-cover.jpg (12.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg capt.sge.qqk28.080108170730.photo00.photo.default-349x447.jpg (102.9 KB, 4 views)
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums

Last edited by tangerine_dream : 01-08-2008 at 07:03 PM.
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote