MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Continental or Western

View Single Post

Old 12-26-2007, 04:04 PM   #1
country flag juninhOH

juninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Continental or Western

Hi,

Right when I begun practsing tennis (3 weeks ago), I didn't know there were different ways to hold a raquet. I just found out watching forehand videos that my coach teached me the 'continental' way to hold the raquet. The guy in the video told "me" to hold it in 'semi-western' (if I heard correctly) way.

He says it's easier to hit topspin and I can also hit the ball flat. So, why did my coach teach me continental? I was reading and it seems like noone else uses it anymore. Did he teach me because its the easier way to learn because I have no experience at all with holding a raquet before? Should I talk to him and try to change it to western (or semi-western) right in the next class?

Thanks.
juninhOH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote