MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - S1 - Week 12 – Wimbledon – London (GS)

View Single Post

Old 12-22-2007, 07:46 PM   #39
country flag Caio_Brasil

Caio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: S1 - Week 12 – Wimbledon – London (GS)

Meligeni practices with Vilas for Wimbledon

Looking forward to a good campaign in London, Fernando Meligeni of Brasil has been training with Argentinian friend Guillermo Vilas. Owner of 4 grand slam titles, Vilas is helping Fininho a lot, specially in the mental part and in the volleys.

"It's a pleasure to help Fininho; he is such a good person and is trying to have better results in grass. I'm glad he invited me to help him. We are making a good job together with Ricardo Acioly, his coach. It would be very nice if he can win 1 or 2 matches, then he would gain confidence and maybe reach the final, who knows?", said Vilas.

Meligeni tried this innovation because of his poor performance in the grass season until now: 3 matches, 3 losses. It's pretty disapointing for the world number one, but Fininho will fight till the end in the Queen's land.

In addition, Meligeni has a good fact on his side: he won the last grand slam trophy, in Roland Garros. Maybe he can keep the good form, even this being played on grass.

"This week is being amazing! Every minute with Vilas is special, it's not always that you can spend such time with a legend like him. I hope his greatness inspires me to have a good run and keep the lead of the ranking, because there are a lot of players thirsty to get it."

Fininho makes his debut in Wimbledon against either Pim-Pim Johansson or Mischa Zverev, probably on tuesday or wednesday.
Caio_Brasil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote