MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Part 2 : Which one of these 8 youngsters will have the best career? Cilic, etc etc)

View Single Post

Old 12-07-2007, 11:03 AM   #31
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Part 2. Which one of these 8 youngsters will have the best career?

Gulbis and Zverev.

I am pretty much upset saying this as Korolev's #1 fan and a "stepmother", and I don't even doubt he has the biggest potential, but it is just sad what is going on with Russians in tennis. You know what I mean.

I chose Gulbis because he does have the strong shots and is not afraid of the best. He happened to win back after losing a set already as a teen; his head is okay so far. Yes, he has "horrible mistakes" says, but even Federer does.

Zverev is very underappreciated here, while he is a s&v player, who can also deal on a claycourt (!). All up for the damage, as long as his injuries won't bother him too much.

I put Zverev there instead of Tsonga, because Mischa is better on clay IMO. Tsonga is another one who suffers of injuries.

Cilic, yes he can be another Ancic/Ljuba and surely will achieve something. But a gut feeling tells me to be not fully convinced (or maybe that I will never be a fan of him).

Young is James Blake in a making (head cracks) but already far more legendary. I wish the best to The Don.

Querrey and Bolelli won't be ever anything big. Querrey can be Mardy Fish #2 and Bolelli the Massu#2 at best. Simone isn't even at 0,0001 as annoying though. Simone likes to party and his head cracks. Never good for a sportsman. I wish him all the best anyway (such a great guy )
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote