MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - shanghai nono

Thread: shanghai nono
View Single Post

Old 11-16-2007, 06:17 PM   #43
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: shanghai nono

They were much better than Novak! They had MP, they played tons of tiebreaks...
I watched the match again today, they were not bad (while Novak was plain embarrassing).

I just realized - a little bit late - that Mika was having a sort of blog for Sports.fr during Shanghai:
http://www.sports.fr/fr/cmc/list/tennis/200711/506.html
He explains he's a bit ill since they arrived in Shanghai and he can't take any medication because of the doping tests (he'd need the authorization of an Australian organization, so it's too complicated and he doesn't take anything). He never mentions his leg injury.
He thinks it's completely stupid to play a super tie-break at the Masters Cup. He's fine with it during the year, but they should have 3 "real" sets at the TMC.
As for the matches, he always points out how close it was and how well he played himself. ^^ For example in the 2nd match, he lost only one point on his serve. So he kind of suggests Arnaud was the weak link. But Arnaud himself admits it, he was quite dejected about his performance after the first match and "disillusioned" (even though the Masters aren't so important for them, Mika says it again right away in his first entry).
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote