MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Laughing at National and Regional Stereotypes

View Single Post

Old 11-16-2007, 03:40 PM   #171
country flag R.Federer

R.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Laughing at National and Regional Stereotypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by artlinkletter View Post
I visited Switzerland this summer and as a Tamil myself, it was the only place were my cousin and I experienced racism throughout our Europe trip. (It was in Zurich btw)
That's really unfortunate. Well there are all kinds of people in Switzerland and the farmers who have lived generations in the mountains have so so rarely seen foreigners and are extremely suspicious of them (they are suspicious even of the native Swiss who venture up into their meadows sometimes).

About your experience, well even though the Tamils are regarded so well ultimately some just view them as foreigners and so they are sometimes judged/lumped with all foreigners.