MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Solid Article for begginners to gambling

View Single Post

Old 10-22-2007, 05:09 PM   #3
country flag Olao

Olao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Solid Article for begginners to gambling

Tbh, 3% as the rule of thumb is very high imo. Of course, there's the bank/capital definition discussion but if the bankroll is the fundamental investment capital that you are prepared to lose, 1-2% in average (and as a flat rate) is standard for professional gamblers, and I would advise beginners to move between 1-3% with 1% as a point of departure. When you have proven that you can obtain a yield of 5-10% (hopefully closer to 10%) over a period of time, you can take up the percentage to 1.5% or 2%. And I would advise beginners to bet with flat rates (same stake every time) in the first phase as you have to prove that you can obtain a sufficient strike rate.

Not playing Mr Know-it-all here, but I do find 3% as an average stake much too high, esp.ly for beginners.
Olao is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote