MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Players who Push the Ball

View Single Post

Old 10-20-2007, 07:00 AM   #29
country flag Jeff

Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Players who Push the Ball

Good dicussion. Well, I lost in the final of a 4.0 tournament to a pusher. I typically get easy points on my serve, but he just pushed those back too, and it frustrated me. And I, too, went for too many winners. His consistently short pushing shots brought me to net almost every point, and I hate the net. But definitely the key is to stay aggressive and play your own game...but not so aggressive that you play outside of yourself and make errors...be patient...and if you are a baseliner, expect and be willing to finish more points off from the net than you are used to. For me, i was so used to playing aggressive baseliners the previous rounds, that I just wasn't prepared for this type of pushing match. It was a final, and I was also neverous...which playing a pusher doesn't help lol. I was beginning to catch on and calm down, but couldn't overcome nerves and lost 7-5 in the second set tiebreak. I'll think of this thread the next time I do play a match like this