MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - madrid

Thread: madrid
View Single Post

Old 10-18-2007, 11:54 PM   #182
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: madrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Beater View Post
i loved that. Hewitt always used to bring it up pre-match and derive confidence from that match. Always got smashed right after.

Anyways, this shows imo what happens when federer plays without outside interference. No wind, sun etc. The conditions stay relatively constant and fed gets in a groove and decimates other players.

When federer plays outside in conditions that can be variable, he tends to be conservative in his play. Think to cincy and usopen where he was passive and wasnt feeling the conditions too well.

right now, federer is far and away the best indoors, and his level indicates that he could be among the best of all time indoors if he plays like this.
In his post match interview Roger said his game plan was to play offensive, more aggressive style. I would love to see him play like this more often. Moving well, vollying well, great transition game....it's just a joy to watch. I'll take that any day over the junkballing/moonballing and defensive crap some we see with some guys.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote