MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Players who Push the Ball

View Single Post

Old 10-17-2007, 10:21 PM   #26
country flag stebs

stebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Players who Push the Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
I use to be a pusher in a sense, but everything you would ahve done to beat me would just have helped me, I was gooood at the net and could hit passing shots, I didnt mind moving,

I always lost to the more aggressive players who could get the ball deep with top spin, it didnt matter where deep, just deep and spin cuz to push those you have to back up and then its much hard to hit a deep shot back as GlennMiryni said, I think thats the most important thing against pushers.
If you were good at the net but struggled against deep topspin then you weren't using the right tactics. What GM mentioned about mixing it up is right but so are the other things and if deep topspin troubled you then you were bing outpushed.