MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - First Andy's arms, now Maria's face, boobs, body,

View Single Post

Old 08-17-2007, 03:12 PM   #22
country flag the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Andy's arms, now Maria's face, boobs, body,

Quote:
Originally Posted by celia View Post
I agree 100% but I wonder if people realize how destructive this can be on girls (especially) self-esteem. Look at Britney Spears on the cover of Allure -- she looks like a completely different person. Here are the before and afters on Mz. Spears. How stupid do these magazines think we (the consumers) are exactly?

Here she is out and about recently -- front and back views:

and here she is photoshopped on the cover of Allure...

Celia, you make a pertinent point about girl's self esteem and how fixing picutes and magazine covers sends a bad and puzzling message to everyone especially girls. And to answer your question Celia, those magazines think you and females in general are naive when it comes to magazine covers. They think you don't understand what they are doing. But you do anyway.