MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Congrats to Tim and Lucy!

View Single Post

Old 06-09-2004, 04:28 PM   #1
country flag thenman

thenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Congrats to Tim and Lucy!

Second child is on the way!

From Tim's site:

Life is sweet for Tim

Tim Henman says he is delighted to be back on his beloved grass courts in England, and that despite the lack of practice time due to his recent French Open exploits he has taken to his favourite surface like a duck to water.

“It’s never easy moving from one surface to another,” explained the British number one.

“But I always find it relatively easy to play on grass even when I’m coming off playing on a surface that has very different characteristics, like clay.

“Grass suits my game very well and it doesn’t take me long to get a feel for what I need to do well in order to play effectively on it.

“I’ve had a couple of hits at Wimbledon and I’ve played a bit at Queen’s too and the courts are playing very nicely as they’re firm due to the good weather we’ve been enjoying.”

Henman’s results have improved notably in the past eight months, which has helped catapult him into the top five in the world and left him in a relaxed mood as the build-up to Wimbledon begins.

And as if that isn’t enough to celebrate, Henman and his wife, Lucy, are happy to announce they are expecting their second child later this year.

The couple were married on December 11 1999 and have a daughter, Rosie, who was born in October 2002.

“Lucy and I both thoroughly enjoyed becoming parents for the first time when Rosie was born a couple of years ago, and we’re really looking forward to adding to the family later in the year.

“The baby’s due in December so hopefully the timing will work out perfectly as I’ll be at home for the birth and I’ll be able to spend as much time at home as possible with all the family before heading off to Australia for the start of the 2005 season.”

In the meantime, Henman is due to start his grass court campaign at the Stella Artois Championships on Wednesday against Slovakia’s Karol Beck.
thenman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote