MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Meaning of the word " Choke "

View Single Post

Old 08-08-2007, 06:12 AM   #71
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meaning of the word " Choke "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogiman View Post
How can you give the Ginepri-Mantilla match as a prime example of choking and label this one as "not a choke at all", because Ginepri lead 5:0 in the 2nd and Canas "only" 4:0 with a chance to go up 5:0? :retard:

Any player leading by a set and a double break and ending-up losing the match is necessarily a choke, let alone a plyer like Canas whose serve is more than enough to win him some free points.
First of all did you watch the Canas/Mathieu match? Second of all these were different matches with different kinds of players. I am a huge Mantilla fan, but if you are honest with yourself, then he isn't going to start blasting winners from both sides of the court is he? He has never done that and I had a friend of mine at this match and Mantilla played like he normally did and fought even harder and wasn't blasting winners like Mathieu was in his match.

Canas was guilty of being passive and expecting Mathieu to continue making errors and when Paulo adjusted, he wasn't able to keep up, naturally he is experienced enough to have known to put the guy away, but he failed to do that and this was down to choking, he slowed down on serve and had a concentration lapse and got punished.

Conclusion, just cause the scores were similar, the circumstances weren't at all.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1

Last edited by Action Jackson : 08-08-2007 at 06:28 AM.
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote