MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - U.S. soldier sentenced to 110 years for Iraq murders

View Single Post

Old 08-07-2007, 01:45 AM   #16
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: U.S. soldier sentenced to 110 years for Iraq murders

These cases are not about sex, they are about power and the fact that these soldiers are in a position of power and authority over ordinary Iraqi citizens.

A small minority of scum choose to take advantage of this in utterly repellent ways, perhaps believing they will be largely protected from the consequences of their actions. In this case, I'm delighted to say, not so - though in other cases, possibly they have got away with it.

An entire country should not be held to be the same as its more unpleasant representatives, though I think the American military does need to get its house in order - part of the problem is that they have a manpower shortage and take just about anyone they can get. This is obviously not good in sensitive or powderkeg situations.

Last edited by scoobs : 08-07-2007 at 02:26 AM.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote