MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Rooting for James during the US Open 2007 thread!

View Single Post

Old 07-23-2007, 03:03 PM   #10
country flag goodwoman

goodwoman has a reputation beyond reputegoodwoman has a reputation beyond reputegoodwoman has a reputation beyond reputegoodwoman has a reputation beyond reputegoodwoman has a reputation beyond reputegoodwoman has a reputation beyond reputegoodwoman has a reputation beyond reputegoodwoman has a reputation beyond reputegoodwoman has a reputation beyond reputegoodwoman has a reputation beyond reputegoodwoman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rooting for James in the Summer Hardcourt 2007 thread!

No, Deb, I hadn't heard that. If Pam Shriver is reporting this accurately....wow, that is hard to believe. I mean, I know how hard it is with guys sometimes -- -- y'know, to talk about mental stuff. But to have to constantly tiptoe around it and flat-out make it taboo....wow. That is really disappointing, because James needs to improve there. It's all part of the game, and it should be just as important to work on it as say, a backhand or serve. I remember James joking around and saying something about how it would be silly to see a sports psychologist because there would be WAY too much to work on. But, EVERYONE could improve by working on their mental game as well as their physical game.
wow. If this is true...wow.
goodwoman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote