MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - KIWI returns to the USA! Next stop, US OPEN!!!!!!!!! (summer hardcourt 2007)

View Single Post

Old 07-11-2007, 02:33 AM   #48
country flag sploush

sploush has a reputation beyond reputesploush has a reputation beyond reputesploush has a reputation beyond reputesploush has a reputation beyond reputesploush has a reputation beyond reputesploush has a reputation beyond reputesploush has a reputation beyond reputesploush has a reputation beyond reputesploush has a reputation beyond reputesploush has a reputation beyond reputesploush has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KIWI returns to the USA! Next stop, LA?!! (summer hardcourt 2007)

I was at Newport watching and it was very painful to watch, Kiwi didn't seem to have any fire even when he missed easy shots or when he played great ones. He was neither pumped or pissed off just very uninterested.
He started well 2-0 in the first but got immediately broken back (he got irritated with a ball boy who kept throwing his towel on the floor, the ball boys were really untrained and incompetent in Newport), he did have 2 set points in the first at 4-5 15-40 but lost them with 2 easy bh ue in the net.

In the second it wasn't until 3-3 that he played really well and hit nice winners and attacked the net to win 6-4, I thought he was going to win easily at this point.

In the third he never played well even when he was up 4-2 and then 5-3 and he clearly gave up on mp although he had an easy passing shot he tried to hit a lob with no conviction.

Positives: He had incredible touches at the net, he almost won the point everytime he went to the net. The second part of the second set when he seemed full of life he was clearly the superior player.

Negatives: see above, basically almost lifeless and lacking fight for most of the game.

Kudos to Capdeville he served really well in key spots and played incredible rallies (even kiwi applauded 2 of them).

I took pictures I will post them later tonight in the pictures thread.
4R Roland Garros
Doubles
F: Doha [with Labamba], Newport, Indianapolis [with LaTenista]
SF: Delray Beach [with StrangeLove], Ordina Open [with SpadeaTT]
sploush is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote