MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Jack Kramer

Thread: Jack Kramer
View Single Post

Old 06-29-2007, 04:46 PM   #2
country flag trivfun

trivfun has a reputation beyond reputetrivfun has a reputation beyond reputetrivfun has a reputation beyond reputetrivfun has a reputation beyond reputetrivfun has a reputation beyond reputetrivfun has a reputation beyond reputetrivfun has a reputation beyond reputetrivfun has a reputation beyond reputetrivfun has a reputation beyond reputetrivfun has a reputation beyond reputetrivfun has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jack Kramer

The only problem I had with Jack is he thought he knew America and what they wanted; he really screwed up Pauline Betz and her tours. He said something about women not being marketable.

Truth is American white women aren't marketable unless they have lust appeal. Foreign women have more appeal like Maria Bueno, Margaret Court, Sandra Reynolds, Renee Schuurman, Althea Gibson, and Ann Haydon Jones because they are athletic but not threatening. Finally, an American, Darlene Hard had this beefy, bisexual appeal that American men like me crave. He never really understood American's psyche and their ego. He really got into it with Billie Jean King concerning prize money.

I didn't like how Jack played on Pancho Gonzales particularly to bring attention to the tour, history with his villan image and paying newcomer Tony Trabert that much compared to Pancho was a bit off base. Pancho was the best player from 1952-1961 not 1954-1961. I do think, Pancho was a bit dishonest and was a bit insecure. Jack That said, Jack made professional tennis, it is today.
trivfun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote