MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Friday OoP & Scores

View Single Post

Old 06-14-2007, 07:07 PM   #3
country flag TNX1.0E6TOPCA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

TNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Friday (06/15/2007) OoP & Scores

from the official website of Halle

Youzhny injured, Berdych first player in semi-finals

The 15th GERRY WEBER OPEN have come to an early end for Mikhail Youzhny after he suffered a back injury in his dramatic three-set victory over Simon Stadler in the second round.

The sixth seed is already on his way back to Moscow to receive further treatment. "That is a real pity," the world number 14 said. "I would have loved to win the title at the GERRY WEBER OPEN. I am very disappointed."

Youzhny has been in prime shape all year long. He won the tournament in Rotterdam and reached the finals in Munich and Dubai. His record of 32-12 makes him one of the most successful players of 2007. He is keen to return to Halle next year. "I want to make up for something I missed out on this year and that is winning this great tournament," he stated.

With Youzhny pulling out, Tomas Berdych became the first player to reach the final four. The 2006 GERRY WEBER OPEN finalist is among the favourites to lift the trophy this time out.

get well soon Mikhail