MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - James Ward

Thread: James Ward
View Single Post

Old 06-10-2007, 01:52 PM   #65
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: James Ward

6-4 3-6 3-6

This was the first time I ever watched him play and I was very impressed. He can hit the ball so hard off both wings and his serve is big too. I don't think grass will ever be a good surface for him but on hard courts and possibly clay, he should be very strong. I really see no reason why he can't make the top 100.

For the most part I thought James was the better player but Vemic's extra experience was the difference. He kept hitting slices and dropshots all the time and it really put James off his rhythm. Every time he had a BP in the last two sets, Vemic would serve and volley and there was nothing he could do because he was returning from so far back.

It was just a little inexperience that cost him the match but give him time and he should make better decisions in situations like these.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote