MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Articles & Interviews

View Single Post

Old 06-08-2007, 08:30 PM   #224
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
It's about the public poll for the Prix Orange/Prix Citron, it's a tradition in Roland-Garros, here's the website:
http://www.orange-citron.org/2007/indexpublic_fr.html
Fed got the "Prix Orange" (most fair-play, etc.) and Paulo got the "Prix Citron" which used to be for the most unfriendly player (it was a vote of the journalists at the time, they gave it to players like Rios, Kafelnikov, Hewitt, Nalbandian...) and now it means a player with character, with a strong personality.
But which ever definition you take, I don't get why Paulo got it. He shouldn't have been in the list to begin with. I don't remember who the other contenders were (except Djoko because I voted for him), but Paulo was about the least "Prix Citron" of the list.

They asked some players and coaches last time - Santoro, Serra, Barbarin, Haehnel, Wino, etc. - and they all said Fed for the Prix Orange and Nadal, Djoko, Hewitt, Jankovic... for the Prix Citron.
Thanks for the info, it puts me at ease !!! I didn't know there is a new prix citron.

But I still don't understand why Paulo got it. I like him very much but I don't find him charismatic. I mean, he doesn't have a strong personnality, at the contrary, he's very shy, not talkative.

C'est l'un des derniers joueurs à qui j'aurais remis ce prix ! lol

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote