MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The "Peter Luczak" Cheering Thread!

View Single Post

Old 06-06-2007, 08:53 PM   #236
country flag zizz

zizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Peter Luczak" Cheering Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler View Post
He said he already thought about being in the 2nd round before finishing the job and then it was too late for him. He has played enough big matches and 5 setters at the Aus Open, but he is too nice on court sometimes and has failed to take chances when they have been on offer.

I have watched enough of Luczak to know what the main problems with his game are. I think you are overrating him saying he can do damage on the tour level, he can win some matches, but damage isn't something he is capable of. His main goal will be top 100 at the end of the year and he should be able to achieve this barring injury or illness.
Dear GeorgeWHitler
It is nice to see that you possess such insight and knowledge about his game that you know best.. And what would you say that those main problems are? That he is too nice on court sometimes, true. That he loses focus, also true. I am not saying that he will be the next big thing, but most players aren't and it is funny that you know better than other players on the tour that rate him as a top 50 player. Working at many tournaments around europe and the states I hear what players say about eachother and they rate him. Peter has already reached a semi final beating Gonzales on the way. What is it about you that makes you know better? And what do you consider damage? I believe that Luczak can do well on the ATP tour, by that I don't mean that he will win tournament after tournament, but I mean that he will be a player who maybe wouldn't be your first pick to play. He has a some great wins in his career and I believe that there are many to come. Remember that Wayne Arthurs for an example played for over 10 years, being in the top 50 for a long time, but didn't win a single title all thise years until almost at the end of his career. Luczaks best play comes out on slow to medium slow surfaces, both hardcourt and clay, and when all is right I don't see why he can't do damage. But thank you for taking the chair of god almighty and informing me of his capability.

Have fun supporting a player you don't believe in all the way!
zizz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote