MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Kiwi interviews & articles

View Single Post

Old 06-03-2007, 09:37 PM   #114
country flag kiwi10is

kiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kiwi interviews & articles

I translated the complete interview that was mentioned in the above article:

Interview with Nicolas Kiefer:

Halle is my favourite tournament. Halle is a part of my home

Hannover/HalleWestfalen. Nicolas Kiefer (29) is together with Tommy Haas the most successful German tennisplayer over the last years. He injured his wrist at the 2006 French Open. After being injured for 1 year Nicolas Kiefer wants to celebrate his comeback at the Gerry Weber Open.

? Mr Kiefer, how do you feel so close before your comeback.

NicolasKiefer: I cannot wait for the moment to come. It`s prickling. And this feeling keeps growing. I am so much looking forward to the atmosphere, the stadium and my fans. Of course nervousness is also part of it. After one year I am questioning myself where do I stand?

? What makes Halle so special for your comeback.

Kiefer: Halle is my favourite tournament. Halle is a part of my home. Halle is gras, my favourite surface. And the close contact to the Weber family makes this tournament even more special

? Did this year of injury change your attitude towards tennis.

Kiefer: Tennis is and will be my dreamjob. I cannot think of anything better. This also includes my secret love for soccer! Friends say I became more relaxed. That`s something others can tell better than me. I am happy about every second I can be on the court. I don`t wanna work tennis but enjoy it now.

? Which goals did you set? Is it possible to get back into top 10.

Kiefer: My next goal is to read my name on the schedule for this tournament. After that winning a point, a game, a set, a match. I will take my time and go step by step

? Do you hope for a comeback into the Davis Cup Team.

Kiefer: The guys played very well lately. We'll see how much I can give for the team. In the end it`s up to Patrick Kühnen and the achievements of all players. It`s the same as for the national soccer team.

? Who helped most during the last year? Where there moments when you thought about a possible end of your career.

Kiefer: Of course my family, my friends and my team. We all had a close contact. When I was depressed they built me up again. Also talking to the soccerplayers Mario Gomez, Per Mertesacker or MiroKlose who I met in Donaustauf helped a lot. I never thought about ending my career. I feel too young and too ambitious.

? With which other players did you keep the contact.

Kiefer: Only very few. But that's normal. Of course I had some contact to the DavisCup-Team. But the break was also good. I have been on tour for 9 years. Now the battery is full again, and I am looking forward to travelling, tournaments and other players again.

? How much tennis did you see while being injured.

Kiefer: To be honest I didn`t see much tennis. Of course I saw the Davis Cup. But apart from that? Oh yes I read that Andre Agassi hit Steffi during a showmatch. I always said: Never play mixed. Especially not with your family.
kiwi10is is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote