MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - MLB Friday

Thread: MLB Friday
View Single Post

Old 06-02-2007, 05:41 AM   #9
country flag TFan1156

TFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MLB Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
I learned a very important lesson tonight in sports betting. Baseball is a complete joke to wager on. It is such a crap shoot. Anything can happen. It doesn't matter if you have your ace on the mound and the other team has a guy with era 10.00. there is just too many variables. Parlaying favourites in baseball is the most statistically nightmarish bet you can make. I have been getting burned on these kind of bets for awhile and have now realized for sure that you are flushing your money down the drain if you bet on baseball. The only way to make any kind of profit on baseball is to find selective underdogs, but even then you will probably lose in the long run. I will stick to tennis wagering from now on and so help me god never bet on this book pleasing sport again. Btw I took another heavily favoured double before I wrote this which will lose also. The bet was Sea ml x Ana ml. Sorry for the rant.

GL on future wagers
Good insights. Baseball is the most unpredictable of sports. All it takes is for one guy, the pitcher, to lose his concentration for a few minutes and the damage is often too great for his team to overcome. It`s not like tennis, where a mental lapse for a few games in a 3 or 5 set match can be easily turned around by a good player. Also with baseball you often do not even know who you are betting on, not knowing who will come out of the bullpen. Not a good sport to wager on IMO. I prefer tennis and college basketball.
TFan1156 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote