MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Thread for all NICOLAS KIEFER supporters

View Single Post

Old 05-18-2004, 02:57 PM   #81
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thread for all NICOLAS KIEFER supporters

KIEFER wins against Stepanek 7-6[4] 6-3

I'm really very happy for Kiwi now to finally get another needed win on clay now. He played quite well against Youzhny in Hamburg, but now he won a match!

He can't win against good claycourters, but it was a really very solid job beating Stepanek whose record on clay is at least very respectable!

too bad TV tuned out at the beginning of the 2nd set and also a bad fact of Kiwi's game was that he could earn a lot of break points opportunities, but he didn't convert them well. Only 4/17 well, anyway, a win is a win now!

looking at the stats, Kiwi served quite well, 80% 1st winning percentages, 55% 1st serves in, 5 aces and 3 of them came in the most important moment... namely in the 1st set tiebreak!!!

furthermore, my impression was that Stepanek was not really good from the baseline, he did not have the shots to pressure Kiwi. If Nicolas could only reduce the numbers of unforced errors the results would have been much clearer, but I think the 2nd se was quite well, except the already mentioned weakness on break point conversions. Kiwi won the 2nd set with two breaks in front, well done!

Kiwi!!!

that was a big "COME ON!" from my side!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy

Last edited by Neely : 05-18-2004 at 02:59 PM.
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote