MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Federer's ranking discussion

View Single Post

Old 05-23-2007, 02:15 AM   #16
country flag CmonAussie

CmonAussie has a reputation beyond reputeCmonAussie has a reputation beyond reputeCmonAussie has a reputation beyond reputeCmonAussie has a reputation beyond reputeCmonAussie has a reputation beyond reputeCmonAussie has a reputation beyond reputeCmonAussie has a reputation beyond reputeCmonAussie has a reputation beyond reputeCmonAussie has a reputation beyond reputeCmonAussie has a reputation beyond reputeCmonAussie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federers ranking points and the fight to remain at #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by that tennis guy View Post
Nadal played well at IW last year by not losing a set until the semifnals, where he lost to Blake. The courts at IW and Miami suit his game a lot better than the ones during summer because they are slower and he has time to set up his forehand. If he gets good draws this summer and avoids the big hitters, he can gain some points but I don't expect that to happen.

I also don't think he will be in the Wimbledon final again, unless he gets a draw like last year.

You may be right about Indian Wells & Miami courts being slower & suiting Nadal`s game better

However don`t forget that in 2005 Nadal won Canada-TMS also
>>>So he`s proven he can adapt to faster hard courts as well..
Besides he`s even won a TMS on fast indoor [Madrid 05]..

Nadal is surely not the 2nd best player on grass, but his aura of a champion & his relentless playing style could well take Nadal to another Wimby final~~> & if his opponent in the final is anybody not named FEDERER then RAFA has a good chance of winning that too

This year the race to finish #1 is going to be very close
#FED made things difficult for himself by losing to Canas early at both IW & Miami TMS [there were 1000 points to defend there & he handed some freebies to Nadal ]..
CmonAussie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote