MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Federer's ranking discussion

View Single Post

Old 05-21-2007, 05:51 PM   #5
country flag stebs

stebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federers ranking points and the fight to remain at #1

Lets assume Nadal takes down RG and Fed comes runner up. That would give Nadal a 720 point lead going in to Federer's half of the year. My own personal opinion is that won't be enough for Nadal. I don't see Nadal reaching the final of Wimbledon but I see Federer winning it. That would probably put the two about even going in to the hardcourt season. Maybe Nadal can keep pace in the AMS events and so forth but the USO certianly favours Roger. Then comes indoor season and TMC all of which I trust Roger will get big results in, especially if his #1 status requires it.

What I'm saying is that Fed is still favourite for the race. If he fails to reach the finals of RG then Nadal will have serious and big chances.