MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - ~* HoT PiX Of RaFa*~ part 1

View Single Post

Old 05-05-2007, 05:43 PM   #4825
country flag yana

yana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~* HoT PiX Of RaFa*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by amierin View Post
Gaudio claims Rafa used a derogatory name for South American's in reference to him during a match they played in Argentina a while back. I've seen the clip but there is a lot of controversy about whether Rafa really said it or not even among Spanish speakers. I don't speak Spanish.
I asked a spanish speaker from VB.com about that Rafa-Gaston argument a while ago. Here's the answer I got (thanks Thyrfing)

Quote:
About your question about Rafa and Gaudio's argument there, it was in 2005 Monte-carlo, and it was just one of Gaudio's various intimidation/distraction tacticts. If you like him and have seen him play then you'll know how much of an absolute drama queen he is on court (and I say this with all the love).
Rafa and Gastón haven't had any problems besides that match, and have a friendly relationship, much as Rafa has with most of the Argentinians, but back then, it was on Gaudio's best year, and just when Rafa was on the rise, so Gaudio found himself absolutely stomped on, very panifully, in his own territory, and during his best stretch of victories on clay. That had to stung, and for someone as volatile as Gastón, the double.

What he's saying to Rafa is about Rafa's way of celebrating points with the Vamos, he's telling to him to cut it out with the showing-off, to not f**k with him, to cut it out with the star number, and to no put up an innocent front to him about it. Rafa just keeps repeating that he doesn't know what Gastón is speaking about and that he hasn't done anything.
The last translation line in the video is not said by Rafa, but by someone in the public, directed towards Gaudio, asking himto shut up followed with an insulting term for South-american.

Sorry for the lengthy answer, but I didn't want you to believe that there are problems between them or that Gaudio's tantrum had any real venom in it, he just gets all worked up when he's losing, like many, but he has a harsher way to show it and he tends to lash out to any available target within his range

Rafael Feli Bandy
yana is offline View My Blog!